To provide quality mathematics skills through efficient and effective delivery of knowledge to enable learners to be productive members of the society.
To be a department of excellence in enhancing mathematics skills and positive attitude geared towards an all-round students.
STRATEGIC STATEMENT: MATHEMATICS,A LIFE CHANGER
1. To raise the standards of mathematics and achieve a mean of 6.00 by 2024.
2. To enhance both local and international mathematics contest and thus enhance positive attitude to mathematics by 2024
3. To enhance a Mathematically inviting environment in Mpeketoni Boys High School by putting in place practical mathematics environment.
1. Topical testing of mathematics concepts.
2. MFL across all forms from 1.00pm to 1.30pm
3. Team teaching, setting and marking of exams.
4. maths peer teaching sessions every sunday from 2pm to 4pm.
5. Learners centered methods of delivery and internal contest spearhead by students.
1. Early Syllabus covered by 30th June in all Form 4 Classes
2. Administering standards exams as per KNEC standards.
3. Revision of all exams done.
4. Involving students in testing, monitoring and evaluation through mathematics club.
1. Availability of solid models to aid teaching.
2. Availability of department office and desktop for analysis of mathematics results
3. Adequate course books to be ratio 1:2
4. Learner interaction with other schools through external contest
5. Learner friendly environment with approachable teachers.
1. Overload staff due to inadequate man power
1. To motivate learners and teachers to embrace practical approach in solving real life problems
2. Use ICT in making mathematics more learners friendly.
Key performance indicators
1. Effective syllabus coverage within the stipulated time
2. Friendly and ready to serve teachers thereby offering an inviting environment to learners